Edizioni Suvini Zerboni
Galleria del Corso, 4
The Suvini Zerboni Editions
The Suvini Zerboni Editions were founded in 1907 emanating from the theatre society of the same name, which already in 1906 had brought to Italy “The Merry Widow” by Franz Lehar and other operettas. In a few decades, with the vigorous activity of Ladislao Sugar, who acquired the society from the preceding owner Paolo Giordani, the ESZ catalogue embraced, besides operetta favourites, the best of Italian contemporary music, by authors such as Goffredo Petrassi, Luigi Dallapiccola, Bruno Maderna, Luciano Berio, Giorgio Federico Ghedini, Ildebrando Pizzetti, Gianfrancesco Malipiero and Riccardo Malipiero.
From the fifties, ESZ, as the Italian agent of Schott, represents authors such as Igor Stravinsky, Carl Orff, Paul Hindemith, Richard Strauss, Luigi Nono and then György Ligeti, Krysztof Penderecki and Joachim Rodrigo.
The contemporary music catalogue was further enchanced by the acquisition of works by Niccolò Castiglioni, Franco Donatoni, Aldo Clementi, Ennio Morricone, Henri Pousseur, Luis De Pablo, Sandor Veress, Carlos Roqué Alsina. In the eighties some young composers began operating who are now among the most performed Italian composers abroad: Ivan Fedele, Alessandro Solbiati, Riccardo Nova, Giovanni Verrando.
The pedagogical section is particularly important, comprising the Italian edition of the Orff-Schulwerk, the “Cantar leggendo” methods by Roberto Goitre and the “Guitar Gradus” by Ruggero Chiesa.
The Suvini Zerboni Editions publish the four-monthly bulletin “ESZ News” with information on the activities and performances of its composers. Until 1999 the Editions published “Il Fronimo”, the guitar magazine founded by Ruggero Chiesa in 1972, and “La Cartellina”, a magazine on choral and pedagogical music, founded by Roberto Goitre in 1977 and subsequently headed by Giovanni Acciai.
Suvini Zerboni REGISTER, to be notified when the new issue of ESZ News is available